[comp.sys.mac] ftp or telnet for macintosh w/o A/UX

martyz@idui1.csrv.uidaho.edu (Marty Zimmerman) (05/03/91)

In article <91121.140354CADER@auvm.auvm.edu> CADER@auvm.auvm.edu writes:
>Does anyone know of an archive where I can find a telnet or ftp utility.
>Presently, I'm trying to put a mac (mactcp) onto ethernet (sun gateway)
>w/o using any propritary (aka Novelle) stuff.
>
>Thanks.

NCSA Telnet and Xferit FTP are both good products.  Both are available at
sumex-aim.stanford.edu and mac.archive.umich.edu.  NCSA is also available
from ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu.  They are usually in a directory called /comm.

If you want a NNTP based news-reader, look at TheNews.  It is also very
good.

Marty Z.
martyz@idui1.csrv.uidaho.edu