[comp.sys.mac] IIfx & System 7

johankha@tz.wimsey.bc.ca (e_mou) (06/04/91)

Does anyone else running System 7 on an IIfx (4MB ram, 160 MB HD if that
matters) find their computer to be hanging bery frequently?  Or have trouble
opening up Chooser?

Anyone with a IIsi find System 7 unbearably slow?

dans@microsoft.UUCP (Dan SPALDING) (06/10/91)

In article <H2mZ31w164w@tz.wimsey.bc.ca> johankha@tz.wimsey.bc.ca (e_mou) writes:
>Does anyone else running System 7 on an IIfx (4MB ram, 160 MB HD if that
>matters) find their computer to be hanging bery frequently?  Or have trouble
>opening up Chooser?

Nope...works fine for me...40meg quantum worked ok, as does my new 210meg one.

of course, i am not running 32bit virtual yet because think c doesn't run
yet in thos modes, but i have run several other things like that to test it.

Sorry you are having problems tho.

Dan Spalding, dans@microsoft.com
dan spalding -- microsoft systems/languages -- microsoft!dans
"there has not been a word invented that would convey my indifference to
that remark." - paraphrase from hawkeye pierce