[comp.sys.mac] Upgrade from cx to ci

deane@galileo.ifa.hawaii.edu (Rebel Without A Clue) (06/26/91)

In article <100465@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> deboni@diego.llnl.gov (Tom DeBoni) writes:
>I'm thinking of upgrading my IIcx to a ci via the Apple logic board swap.
>I'd appreciate hearing any advice anyone has on this. I'd also like to
>know what the prices are on this and where I can have it done. Optionally,
>I'd consider buying a ci logic board and doing the work myself, but I have
>no source for the logic board. Advice on this is also solicited.
>
>Tom DeBoni ( deboni@diego.llnl.gov)

	Note to all who may be considering this:
	Wait for it! With the release of the new Mac'040 machines
(expected in October) Apple will be announcing an upgrade path for
Mac IIcx/i owners - the new '040 shares the same footprint/case as
the IIc? series, and thus an upgrade from a IIcx will be a tasty proposition.

	Prices on the IIci should drop, again, with the announcement.
	See recent MacLeak (i.e. MacWeek) issues for details.

	Jim

--
James "Rebel Without A Clue" Deane          Institute for Astronomy
deane@galileo.ifa.hawaii.edu                2680 Woodlawn Dr

norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Norton Chia) (06/26/91)

deboni@diego.llnl.gov (Tom DeBoni) writes:

>I'm thinking of upgrading my IIcx to a ci via the Apple logic board swap.
>I'd appreciate hearing any advice anyone has on this. I'd also like to
>know what the prices are on this and where I can have it done. Optionally,
>I'd consider buying a ci logic board and doing the work myself, but I have
>no source for the logic board. Advice on this is also solicited.

If you don't mind waiting, why not upgrade it to an '040 instead when
it's available sometime at the end of the year?

>Tom DeBoni ( deboni@diego.llnl.gov)
--
//  Norton Chia || I can be reached via e-mail  -->  norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU /
/ Micro Support || Yes, this is Australia calling. //////  AppleLink: AUST0240 /