[comp.sys.atari.st] floppies a la 410 k per side

braner@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (braner) (11/07/86)

[]

I've tried copying a disk formatted with "Formater" with the FAST format
and had problems too.  Since it puts a bad sector on each track, on
purpose, it is no surprise that ST-COPY says "read error" and stalls.
In effect, the disk is "copy protected"  (yuck!)...

Does anybody know of a way to copy such disks, hopefully faster than
the VERY SLOW operation of programs that copy "protected" disks?
Or can somebody WRITE such a program?

- Moshe Braner

dyer@atari.UUcp (Landon Dyer) (11/08/86)

In article <254@bath63.UUCP>, pes@bath63.UUCP (Paul Smee) writes:
> I suspect that the 'whole disk copy' also only knows about 80 tracks per disk
> and that it will therefore do the wrong thing with 82 track 9sector disks,

That is correct.

--

-Landon Dyer, Atari Corp.		        {sun,lll-lcc,imagen}!atari!dyer