[comp.sys.atari.st] Info-Atari16 Digest V86 #7

oyster@uwmacc.UUCP (Vicarious Oyster) (11/10/86)

In article <bleh@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> Info-Atari16@Score.Stanford.edu writes:
>Info-Atari16 Digest   Friday, November  7, 1986   Volume 86 : Issue 7
>
>This weeks Editor: Bill Westfield
>
>Today's Topics:

   ... followed by megabytes of stuff we USENETters read last week.

   Question:  Is it normal (and necessary) to pipe USENET postings back to
where they came from?  Is it more normal for digests to be sent directly
(i.e. using e-mail) to either uucp people who don't want to read the stuff
in a timely fashion (:-), or *only* to arpa/BITNET sites which do not
otherwise get a gatewayed version of the USENET newsgroup in question?
Or am I just confused, and intolerant because I have no desire to read
every posting twice?

-----

Just a reminder to USENET ST owner's-- the newsgroup is being renamed
effective immediately; see relevant postings for details (but don't
complain to me; I have nothing to do with it).
--

 - Joel ({allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!oyster)