[comp.sys.atari.st] copy protection flame

lawesn@SouthBank.UUCP (Nick Lawes) (11/10/86)

In article <224@drivax.UUCP> holloway@drivax.UUCP (Bruce Holloway) writes:
>I copied Rogue over to my hard disk, and it runs fine from there, although
>it requires the original disk in 'A'... it just accesses it for a couple
>of seconds. Also, you can only save files to the original disk! But at
>least the loading time is slashed, especially for those l-o-n-g picture
>files.

Have you tried changing the default path in the item selector box?

Just click the mouse on the path, hit <ESC> to clear the field, then type C:
Having done this (before hitting return) click on the menu-bar between the
path and the file list, and hey presto... you can save on the hard disk.

At least, it does work on a ramdisk (D:)...

|   Nick Lawes (Knowledge Based Systems Centre, South Bank Polytechnic)    |
| ..mcvax!ukc!hrc63!kbsc!lawesn | Bug?  What Bug?  Oh, that's a FEATURE... |