[comp.sys.atari.st] Veron, Veroff

ee173fes@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (STEPHEN SIMON) (12/05/86)

<<< Eat this!!!! No, not that! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa . . . >>>

A while ago somebody posted uuencoded versions of two programs to
set and unset the verify flag for disk access. At the time I
couldn't get them to work, but didn't really care too much. I have
since learned the error of my ways. Could someone PLEASE, PLEASE,
PLEASE post the source for these programs or tell me how to write
them? I am dying over slow disk accesses. I think I can get uudecode
to work now, if people only have the executables, but the source is
really what I want.

BTW, can someone tell me what TOS error #35 is? Is it not enough
memory?

Finally . . .
What is the word on Microsoft Write? I've heard rumors of Microsoft
pulling out of Atari (a fight between Tramiel and the Pres??) and am
worried about the future of Write. It would be a bad time if we
lost them! Remember, these were _rumors_!! Anybody got any _real_,
_solid_ news??

John Ogawa
(on a friend's account for December)

Write mail to me here until Jan 1, then write to:
	ucbvax!sdcsvax!sdcc6!ix181

pete@utcs.UUCP (12/06/86)

>Finally . . .
>What is the word on Microsoft Write? I've heard rumors of Microsoft
>pulling out of Atari (a fight between Tramiel and the Pres??) and am
>worried about the future of Write. It would be a bad time if we
>lost them! Remember, these were _rumors_!! Anybody got any _real_,
>_solid_ news??
>
>John Ogawa
>(on a friend's account for December)
>
>Write mail to me here until Jan 1, then write to:
>	ucbvax!sdcsvax!sdcc6!ix181

	I don't know if this is news or not but...
	At the Canadian Computer Exhibition, here in Toronto last month,
Atari was demoing (real live software to play with!) write. I tried the
program for about 10 minutes and was *very* impressed. It really seems to
compare with the best of Mac word processors, including dynamically loaded
fonts, and a solid user interface. From the looks of it, it uses GDOS.
	I know there was initialy anymosity between Atari and Microsoft
because Atari decided to go with GEM instead of Windows. Maybe thats what
the rumour were about?

							Pete
Disclaimer: I don't work for Microsoft, nor Atari. So I might be wrong!!!

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (12/08/86)

In article <3681@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU>, ee173fes@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (STEPHEN SIMON)
writes:

> What is the word on Microsoft Write? I've heard rumors of Microsoft
> pulling out of Atari (a fight between Tramiel and the Pres??) and am
> worried about the future of Write. It would be a bad time if we
> lost them! Remember, these were _rumors_!! Anybody got any _real_,
> _solid_ news??

Microsoft Write is nearing finalization and should be in stores early in
'87.  No problems at all between Atari and Microsoft.
--
--->Neil @ Atari

...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil

BIX: neilharris		CIS: 70007,1135		Delphi: NEILHARRIS
GENIE: nharris		WELL: neil		Atari Corp. BBS 408-745-5308

US Mail: Atari Corp.
         1196 Borregas Ave.
         Sunnyvale, CA 94086

"Loose chips sink ships."