[comp.sys.atari.st] Signals in MWC

ravi@mcnc.UUCP (Ravi Subrahmanyan) (12/12/86)

In article <119100001@exunido.UUCP> at@exunido.UUCP writes:
>Btw. has anyone experience with signals on MWC ? I tried to catch SIGHUP
>and got a nice crash .
>
>	Andreas Toenne

	In my version of MW C, the signal stuff is just a do-nothing
function, it seems to be there solely for letting existing code with
signal calls to compile without complaints (there's a small comment
and a one-line function declaration at the end of signal.h).

	Actually, what's the deal with signal handling in general on
the ST when using C?  It doesn't seem as if TOS etc. allow functions of
the nature of SIGNAL() to be implemented easily, or at least not with
the functionality in, say, BSD:  the discussions re. trapping ^C's, or
Moshe Braner's attempts to set up the resident assassin seem to indicate
that.  This is something I'd very much like to see some discussion on,
I'm sure many others would too.  Anyone knowledgeable care to start it
off?
							-ravi