[comp.sys.atari.st] MACICON.PRG in AUTO folder

moore@NCSC.ARPA (Moore) (12/10/86)

Has anyone been able to get MACICON.PRG (the program that turns the floppy disk
drawer icon into a floppy disk icon--makes sense to me) to run in an AUTO
folder?  I have VEROFF, CPY2RDSK, a RAMDISK that survives resets, and a clock
program in the AUTO folder (I think that's all).  MACICON will run okay if I
click on it, but not from the folder.  Any suggestions?

Jim
Moore@NCSC.arpa

sansom@trwrb.UUCP (Richard Sansom) (12/12/86)

In article <8612100128.AA17094@ncsc.ARPA> moore@NCSC.ARPA (Moore) writes:
>....  MACICON will run okay if I
>click on it, but not from the folder.  Any suggestions?

It seems likely that the problem is that GEM has not yet initialized when
MACICON is run from the AUTO folder.  After the AUTO programs have all had
their turn, GEM takes over, wiping out any changes (such as the shape of the
disk icon) to GEM which may have taken place from the AUTO folder programs.
Does that make sense?  In one sentence: programs which may alter GEM's
performance do not work when run from the AUTO folder.

-Rich

--