[comp.sys.atari.st] ASCII uploads

MARKS-ROGER@YALE.ARPA (12/21/86)

	I've never been able to get an error-free ASCII upload to my local
VAX; the average is an error about every 20 lines.  At first I suspected
Flash (would be sad, since it's a fine terminal program) but now I find the
same problem with Uniterm.  Even Kermit logs a zillion errors, many of which
are fatal.
	Now I suspect my Avatex 1200 (not 1200hc) modem.  Can anyone shoot
down this theory for me by claiming successful uploads with that model?
	I should point out that I get nary an error on downloads of any kind
to the ST.
	Finally, to those of you who are waiting for the STEDT I promised, I'll
send it as soon as I get this problem licked.

	Thanks.

-Roger
-------

tynor@gitpyr.gatech.EDU (Steve Tynor) (12/30/86)

In article <8612210622.AA21931@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> <MARKS-ROGER@YALE.ARPA> writes:

>	I've never been able to get an error-free ASCII upload to my local
>VAX; the average is an error about every 20 lines.  At first I suspected
>Flash (would be sad, since it's a fine terminal program) but now I find the
>same problem with Uniterm.  Even Kermit logs a zillion errors, many of which
>are fatal.
>	Now I suspect my Avatex 1200 (not 1200hc) modem.  Can anyone shoot
>down this theory for me by claiming successful uploads with that model?
>	I should point out that I get nary an error on downloads of any kind
>to the ST.
>	Finally, to those of you who are waiting for the STEDT I promised, I'll
>send it as soon as I get this problem licked.

I'm having a similar problem with GEMKERMIT and the Avatex 1200.  Anyone
else?

Eschew Obfuscation.

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Instutute of Technology

 ...{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
     ihnp4, masscomp, ut-ngp, rlgvax, sb1,
     uf-cgrl, unmvax, ut-sally}  !gatech!gitpyr!tynor