[comp.sys.atari.st] UUDE/EN-CODING

MSUPHY@msunscl.BITNET (01/07/87)

Date:     Tue, 6 Jan 87 22:05 EDT
From:     <MSUPHY@MSUNSCL.BITNET>
Subject:  UUDE/EN-CODING
To:       INFO-ATARI16@SCORE.STANFORD.EDU

        I have recently begun to play around with UUDE/EN-CODING
on the network and have had some problems.

        I received UUDECODE.ASM from Kermsrv@CUVMA and, using the
68000 assembler (the PD one), I assembled it and have had no
problems what-so-ever decoding the network postings and running
them.  I also received UUENCODE.C from the same source and
compiled it with Megamax C.  Although it "seems" to work,
(I have tried it on simple programs that should work) when I
use UUDECODE.PRG I am given a file that is slightly smaller than
the original.  When I try executing this I get the TOS error #35.

        If anyone has any suggestions, or an encoded copy of UUENCODE
I would greatly appreciate it.

        Thanks, John Johnson
                Michigan State University

        on Bitnet: MSUPHY@MSUNSCL
        on Hepnet from Bitnet: ARPA%"JOHNSON%MSUHEP.HEPNET@LBL.ARPA"

sc_dra@bath63.ux63.bath.ac.uk (Allum) (01/09/87)

I used to get the TOS error 35 problem with a PD uudecode program.  It
turned out that it wasn't opening the output file in binary mode.  Once
that was fixed it worked perfectly.  Don't know if this is the problem
but it's worth a look.