[comp.sys.atari.st] Degas Elite question

moore@NCSC.ARPA (Moore) (01/08/87)

This may appear to be a naive question, but I just got Degas Elite:  I've read
reviews that say, on a 520ST, you can have 4 picture screens.  I've got a mono
system, and the program will only let me select screens 1 and 2.  Is my memory
defective (no, my COMPUTER memory), or can you only have 4 screens when you're
working with color?

Thanks for any help.

Jim
Moore@NCSC.arpa

lbl@druhi.UUCP (01/09/87)

In article <8701081435.AA01246@ncsc.ARPA>, moore@NCSC.ARPA.UUCP writes:

> This may appear to be a naive question, but I just got Degas Elite:  I've read
> reviews that say, on a 520ST, you can have 4 picture screens.  I've got a mono
> system, and the program will only let me select screens 1 and 2.  Is my memory
> defective (no, my COMPUTER memory), or can you only have 4 screens when you're
> working with color?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Jim
> Moore@NCSC.arpa

The number of screens is limited by the amount of available memory when
Degas Elite is started.  I have 1 Meg. of memory in my ST and can access all
8 screens.  If you have a 512K ST, then the maximum # of screens is around 4.
If you have loaded a lot of fonts or have desk accessories that
are large, then all screens may not be accessible.  It could be that this is your
problem.

Barry Locklear
..ihnp4!drutx!druhi!lbl