[comp.sys.atari.st] Hard Disk Crash! / Ram upgrade info

S071768@umrvma.BITNET.UUCP (01/17/87)

Date:         Fri, 16 Jan 87 19:56:31 CST
From:         Kevin Schneider <S071768@UMRVMA>
Subject:      Re: Hard Disk Crash! / Ram upgrade info
To:           INFO-ATARI16@SCORE.STANFORD.EDU

In reference to my previous posting about my hard disk, I opened up the
case and gave the controller board a few whacks with the handle of a
screwdriver and now everything works fine.  I didn't lose anything.
I guess there was some sort of bad connection.

I'm looking for information (experience) on a 1Meg upgrade but I don't
want to do any soldering.  I have found 3 advertised. They are:

1. Tech-Specialties -- $169  (previously mentioned on the net)

2. Aerco--easieST RAM board -- $189

3. EZ-RAM -- (new version) -- $199

I assume these plug into the MMU socket.  #1 & #2 indicate that they
can be modified to go to 2.5 or even 4meg (using 1Mbit chips).
I don't know about #3.  1 & 2 also have 1 year warranties.  I think 3 has
a 6 mo. warranty but (again) I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these boards?
Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin Schneider        Bitnet:S071768@UMRVMA
Acknowledge-To: <S071768@UMRVMA>