[comp.sys.atari.st] Bac to the Sac

MacDonald.pa@XEROX.COM (01/14/87)

Has anyone actually seen MacWrite running under Magic Sac?

Thanks,
Dale <MacDonald.PA@Xerox.COM>

grunau_b@husc4.harvard.edu (justin grunau) (01/16/87)

In article <870114-113812-738@Xerox> MacDonald.pa@XEROX.COM writes:
>Has anyone actually seen MacWrite running under Magic Sac?
>
>Thanks,
>Dale <MacDonald.PA@Xerox.COM>

Yep.  I use it all the time -- now all I need is the EPSON printer driver, since
of course I don't have an imagewriter.  I used to have problems changing fonts,
but I discovered that this was because of subtly-damaged finder and system files
(due to having copied them from one disk to another by dragging their icons, a
practice which David Small discourages at this point, since as he documents
clearly it does sometimes cause inconsistent failures in the copied versions --
a deficiency, I suspect, of finder itself, since the ST is a more "strict"
environment, in certain senses, for Mac software that has some sloppy mistakes
in it that pass in the Mac).  It seems to work fine, now.

									JJMG

{ seismo | rutgers | decvax!ihnp4 } !husc6!husc4!grunau

Patrick@ark.cs.vu.nl (Patrick van Kleef) (01/17/87)

> All I need is the EPSON printer driver to print from MacWrite
>									JJMG

Try to get hold of ProPrint, it prints all sorts of WP-documents on Epson
printers too.