[comp.sys.atari.st] Gem Accessories and Mark Williams C

minow@decvax.UUCP (01/19/87)

A previous posting asked how to compile a gem accessory using Mark
Williams C.  I passed the question on to a friend, who just happens
to work for Mark Williams, and he answered:

	"The desk accessory must be compiled using the -VGEMACC option
on the CC comand line in V1.1 of the compiler.  In earlier versions, a
different version of CRTSG.O must be created.  You have a copy of that
source (crtsd.s/crtsd.o) in your distribution."

-VGEMACC isn't listed in my copy of the Mark Williams C manual.

Mark Williams doesn't have a news feed.  I'm hand forwarding interesting
queries on to my friend (as a public service).

Martin.

sansom@trwrb.UUCP (Richard Sansom) (01/20/87)

In article <8@decvax.UUCP> minow@decvax.UUCP (Martin Minow) writes:
>	"The desk accessory must be compiled using the -VGEMACC option
>on the CC comand line in V1.1 of the compiler.
>
>Mark Williams doesn't have a news feed.  I'm hand forwarding interesting
>queries on to my friend (as a public service).
>
>Martin.

Thanks for being the middle man Martin - here's another one:  How can
owners of older versions of MWC get V1.1?  Does Mark Williams have a
reasonable policy regarding upgrades?  (I only recently ordered the
package because of all the reported problems with V1.0. Unfortunately,
when I placed my order I was informed that V1.1 was not yet available.
So, rather than prolong my 1.5+ year long struggle with Alcyon, I
decided to go ahead and order.)  Any help you have to offer will be
appreciated.

-Rich
--