[comp.sys.atari.st] Moshe's NITE/KILLER/UUDECODE

ram-ashwin@YALE.ARPA.UUCP (01/28/87)

Re: NITE/KILLER
===============

> From: boiko@aspen2.dec.com (Mike Boiko DSTEG/DS Performance @NIO 261-2659)
>
>   Has anyone been able to get Moshe Braner's latest Nite/Killer
> program to work correctly?

> From: aspen2.dec.com!boiko@decwrl.dec.com  (Mike Boiko DSTEG/DS Performance @NIO 261-2659)
>                    ... I have a mono crt, has anyone been able to run in this
> environment..?
>	My main concern is running NITE... not KILLER.

I have a monochrome 1040ST.   Both NITE and KILLER work fine for me.   Well, I
did notice that after NITE blanks out the screen, it doesn't turn it on  again
when something gets printed to the screen (this was in UniTerm); you  actually
have to hit a key or move the mouse to revive the screen.   Is this a bug or a
feature?  Moshe?  Also, I find 2 minutes is too short a time-out period --- is
there any way to change this to, say, 5 minutes?

Re: UUDECODE
============

> From: ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision!van-bc!molihp!johna@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (John M Altstadt)
>
>    ... Moshe's uudecode.tos will not decode some files that will decode
> with an older version I have that takes around 10000 times as long.  I
> can't find anything in common with the files that won't decode.

I posted a note about this yesterday.  In my case,  Moshe's  program  dies  on
files that have "CR-CR-LF" end-of-line combinations (which is apparently  what
uEmacs 3.7i writes out), though it works correctly on files with "CR-LF" or LF
end-of-lines.   The older version I have works correctly on all three of these,
though as you noted it does take 10000 times as long.  Try using  DUMP.TOS  to
look at the files that do/don't decode.

> A heartfelt THANK-YOU Moshe, I'm sure, from all of us on the net.

Echoed.  Moshe is the moste!

-- Ashwin.

ARPA:    Ram-Ashwin@yale
UUCP:    {decvax,linus,seismo}!yale!Ram-Ashwin
BITNET:  Ram@yalecs

-------