[comp.sys.atari.st] OSS rumor

DAVIDLI@simvax.BITNET.UUCP (01/31/87)

Date:     Fri, 30 Jan 87 15:20 CST
From:     <DAVIDLI@SIMVAX.BITNET> (System Manager)
Subject:  OSS rumor
To:       info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

>From: <UD140469@ndsuvm1.bitnet>
>    3.  Speaking of OSS, a few weeks ago I heard a nasty rumor (third- or
>fourth-hand) that OSS has gone Chapter 11.  Can anyone confirm (I hope not!) or
>deny this rumor (I sure hope so!)?

The rumor *is* certainly nasty, and totally untrue.  I spoke with technical
support at OSS on Tuesday afternoon, and the company is working on new
developments as always.

The next update to OSS Personal Pascal is being delayed by some bugs in
the compiler, which is written by an author in Europe.  Word is that the
author is supposedly working on bug fixes at the request of OSS.  Release
date is vague, but I wouldn't expect it until spring '87 at the earliest.

--Dave Meile

BITNET:  davidli@simvax
USENET:  ihnp4!mmm!umn-cs!simvax!davidli