[comp.sys.atari.st] unix help?

PV9Y@cornella.BITNET.UUCP (02/01/87)

Date: 31 January 87 23:18 EST
From: PV9Y@CORNELLA
Subject: unix help?
To: INFO-ATARI16@SCORE.STANFORD.EDU

     I just got a unix account on Cornell's batcomputer to facilitate
reading the net and downloading of files since Moshe thought that some
files might get scuzzed up in the IBM's internal EBCDIC.  Now the only
problem is that I can't figure out how to send a message to the file
server in Houston from the batcomputer, and I also have to send all of
my mail from this account, because i don't know where to send it from
the batcomputer, and I haven't gotten the hang of any of the full scren
editors, whereas I like Xedit.  Can anyone tell me how to get files from
Houston UH-INFO@UHUPVM1 ATARINET (on bitnet, anyway) and/or the address
to which I can send mail to the net from there?  I'd really appreciate
the information about the downloading of files, because Houston has
some pretty good PD software that I'd like to have.
     Also, thanks to those people who answered my questions about the
mouse and the Sac.  I would appreciate the README files if there isn't a
problem for someone who has the Sac.  And I'd still appreciate it if
anyone comes across an alternate control method for the mouse, either
another mouse or somesort of trakball.
               Thanks a lot!
                   Adam Engst

pv9y@cornella.bitnet