[comp.sys.atari.st] uEmacs 3.7i: how to toggle color?

lean@sbstaff2.UUCP (Lean L. Loh) (02/01/87)

Hello, I've been using James Turner's microEmacs 3.7i on my monochrome ST for
a while now. I like to know how I could toggle the screen from black-on-white
to white-on-black and vice-versa (while in uEmacs). Thanks in advance.

 .LeAn.
--

CSNET: lean@sbcs.csnet
ARPA: lean%suny-sb.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

turner@imagen.UUCP (02/02/87)

In article <356@sbstaff2.UUCP>, lean@sbstaff2.UUCP (Lean L. Loh) writes:
> Hello, I've been using James Turner's microEmacs 3.7i on my monochrome ST for
> a while now. I like to know how I could toggle the screen from black-on-white
> to white-on-black and vice-versa (while in uEmacs). Thanks in advance.

i whish that i had more faith in this working, but i don't have a
b/w monitor at home; but looking at the sources it may work, try the
following in your emacs.rc (or play with it in uEmacs until it works)

in emacs.rc				in uEMACS
======================================  ================================
add-global-mode "Red"			^XM Red
add-global-mode "black"			^XM black

notice the uppercase R thats how uEmacs know whether you are setting
the Foreground color or the background. I'm not sure about the red
part you might want to try some other chooses

Anywho it'll all be fixed properly in version 3.8a which is coming
real soon now ain't it Dan ? Dan? DAN......

--
C'est la vie, C'est le guerre, C'est la pomme de terre