[comp.sys.atari.st] address.acc question

long@sask.UUCP (02/03/87)

Well, I was having a great time with the Address book program and
accessory when I ran into a small problem:  It seems that the
accessory portion of Address will no longer run with the number of
addresses that I have put into the book.  The .PRG version runs
great, but whenever I boot with Address.ACC, the computer can't
complete the boot process.

Anybody else having similar problems???

Warren

Warren Long                            78 Carleton Dr.
University of Saskatchewan             Saskatoon
Canada                                 Saskatchewan,  S7H 3N6

@ long!sask!alberta!ihnp4!ucbvax!...
home ph# (306)-955-1237

silvert@dalcs.UUCP (02/05/87)

In article <603@sask.UUCP> long@sask.UUCP writes:

>Well, I was having a great time with the Address book program and
>accessory when I ran into a small problem:  It seems that the
>accessory portion of Address will no longer run with the number of
>addresses that I have put into the book.  The .PRG version runs
>great, but whenever I boot with Address.ACC, the computer can't
>complete the boot process.

I found that the size of the address book that one can run as an
accessory is so small as to be effectively useless.  I have a 20K
address data base on my Unix system that I was able to reformat for
address.prg, but even a small subset of this (about 2K as I recall)
was more than the accessory version could handle.

One feature that would make the accessory more valuable would be the
ability to extract data to disk for addressing letters, autodialling,
etc.  Without that, the program version makes a cute demo, and it is
very nicely done, but I don't really find it very useful.
--
Bill Silvert
Marine Ecology Laboratory, Dartmouth, NS, Canada