[comp.sys.atari.st] ms-word on an atari st

INFTVT1@HENTHT5.BITNET.UUCP (02/03/87)

In an article Mosh Braner wonders if MS Word has been ported to the
atari st. Yes that's correct i saw it working when i visited a friend.
It has a lot of possibilities but it's slow, slow not to say very slow.
It has the possibility to use several fonts in several sizes. As i just
saw a glimp i can't remember anymore but i can ask my friend perhaps he
wants to send a little note to netland.

                                 Sietze Roorda.

inftvt1@hentht5.bitnet

Patrick@ark.cs.vu.nl (Patrick van Kleef) (02/05/87)

In article <8702031659.AA25588@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> INFTVT1@HENTHT5.BITNET writes:
>In an article Mosh Braner wonders if MS Word has been ported to the
>atari st. Yes that's correct i saw it working when i visited a friend.
>It has a lot of possibilities but it's slow, slow not to say very slow.
>It has the possibility to use several fonts in several sizes. As i just
>saw a glimp i can't remember anymore but i can ask my friend perhaps he
>wants to send a little note to netland.
>
>                                 Sietze Roorda.

Are you sure it's not the demo-version (that is really unreliable -no wonder
for a demo-) that's out 'and around'? I'm real anxious to buy
MS-Word (MS-Write[r] it's called for the ST) when the definite version
hits the market. My kind of wordprocessor!

Any of you know whether WordPerfect is out for the ST already?

.
.
.
.
.

ericr@hpvcla.UUCP (02/05/87)

I believe you are referring to MS-Write which is soon to be released for
the Atari.  It is different than MS-Word, but I am not sure what the
differences are.

Eric Ross
ihnp4!hpfcla!hpvcla!ericr