[comp.sys.atari.st] ...information, we want...

DAVIDLI@simvax.BITNET.UUCP (02/06/87)

Date:     Thu, 5 Feb 87 10:55 CST
From:     <DAVIDLI@SIMVAX.BITNET> (System Manager)
Subject:  ...information, we want...
To:       info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

   As a general response to the several and various posting regarding the
'buy the developer's kit' syndrome, I observe the following:

Atari ST software is no longer being developed ONLY with Alcyon C.  There are
many language compilers available, some with good documentation, some with
worse documentation.

Anyone interested in how the operating system works is NOT necessarily going
to want (or need) hand-holding from Atari, an advantage of the developer's
kit.

These networks are dedicated to the free exchange of information.  Atari does
not HAVE to answer questions, but that shouldn't necessarily keep others from
doing so.

A lot of information [the pexec() question for example] are answered in the
various ST-oriented magazines.  One should not get upset when information is
released or requested that has already appeared in other places.

   I applaud the efforts of everyone who reads the USENET / INFO-ATARI16
postings and responds to fair questions that are asked.  I applaud the efforts
of those individuals who manage to write and release Public Domain utilities.

--- Dave Meile

BTW:  I believe that the January '87 issue of ST Applications answers the
      pexec() question nicely [also February '87 issue].

BITNET:         davidli@simvax
USENET:         ihnp4!mmm!umn-cs!simvax!davidli