[comp.sys.atari.st] bitnet flames

LINDAHL@brandeis.BITNET.UUCP (02/07/87)

Date:     Fri, 6 Feb 87 23:28 EST
From:     <LINDAHL@BRANDEIS.BITNET>
Subject:  Re: bitnet flames
To:       info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

In Info-Atari16 Digest V87 #64, Michael Doerr writes:

> *** FLAME ON ***
> Shoot that #$%@ BITNET-hosts!
> *** FLAME OFF ***

Now, listen, _my_ BITNET host is not at fault! I sent the file to myself
(translating it from ASCII to EBCDIC and back), and the spaces were
not deleted and the file was identical to the file which I sent in the first
place. So, if you would like to shoot something, shoot the Stanford
gateway or some IBM host running that vile operating system, VM.

'e gads! i typed some capital letters! whoops!

greg lindahl
brandeis radio astronomy group (brag)

bitnet: lindahl@brandeis     us snail: box 2522 brandeis university
ci$:    [76515,1122]                   waltham mass (usa) 02254-9110
                                       (617) 899-5884

[NSA CIA Cray hackey-sack tie-dye divestment radical civil disobedience
 Thoreau Locke Hobbes flower-power frisbee physics star wars Teller
 long hair vegetarians "hey Mr. NSA, send me your address and I'll send
 you a Christmas card."]

mdoerr@uklirb.UUCP (02/10/87)

Sorry Greg,
I didn't want to flame you or your computer. I just wanted to tell other
people that there's a way to recover the file without having you to repost
it. I actually meant 'those' instead of 'that' (see plural 'hosts') and
couldn't repair that after having posted. Besides, I should have added
a :-) or :-( after that sentence.
	Enough said, Michael.