[comp.sys.atari.st] 40-Folder Bug not fixed!

chabris@husc2.UUCP (02/03/87)

When Patrick van Kleef posted the recent AHDI.PRG that he obtained from
Atari Benelux with the promise that it fixed the 40-folder bug, I downloaded
it and passed it on via Compuserve to Julius Oklamcak of Atari Canada, who
did a little investigating.  He tells me that the posted program is the
standard, Atari (world) supplied driver in its latest version.  Therefore,
you may want it if you had an older version.  However, it does nothing to
cure the 40-folder problem, and he was able to demonstrate to himself this
fact (I didn't try the program on my own drive).  I was disappointed, but
still hope that Alan's patch will soon see the light of public distribution.

Julius is still experimenting with the previously posted INSTALL package, by
the way, and I should have his report soon.  I haven't tried it myself either.

--
-- Christopher F. Chabris
   Dunster F-61

   [HOME: 15 Sterling Road, Armonk, NY, 10504]

   CompuServe: 73277,305
         UUCP: ...!harvard!husc4!chabris
         ARPA: chabris%husc4@harvard.ARPA
       BITNET: chabris@HARVUNXU.BITNET
         AT&T: (617) 498-2239

rpb@macs.UUCP (02/07/87)

In article <1142@husc2.UUCP>, chabris@husc2.UUCP (chabris) writes:
> Julius is still experimenting with the previously posted INSTALL package, by
> the way, and I should have his report soon.  I haven't tried it myself either.

According to Alex Leavens, now of Atari/US, Leonard Tramiel says that
INSTALL.ARC was posted to the net without permission from the Atari/UK
Developers' BBS.

He also noted that he is aware of three HD's which have been wasted by
this program.

				       Bob Breum

casper@targon.UUCP (02/11/87)

>According to Alex Leavens, now of Atari/US, Leonard Tramiel says that
>INSTALL.ARC was posted to the net without permission from the Atari/UK
>Developers' BBS.
>
>				       Bob Breum

INSTALL.ARC was posted by me. I got it from a German connection.
I have seen the program on several PD lists of Users groups
and Magazines in Germany (where the programm was made)
I see not how it can not be a PD programm, and what it has to do
with the developers BBS of Atari/UK. Was there perhaps another INSTALL.ARC
posted??

Casper Jansen

(This is my last day on the job here, if I have a new address, I will
let you know).