[comp.sys.atari.st] Info-Atari16 Digest V87 #72

ram-ashwin@YALE.ARPA.UUCP (02/11/87)

>   From:  Rodney <Peck@RADC-MULTICS.ARPA>
>
>     The reason I have found for not scrolling the text in windows is that
>   the GEM system doesn't support text very well. ...
>     Anyway, uniterm, the vt52 emulator and others (not degas though)
>   completely ignore GEM ...
>     I don't know if anyone has actually tried to write code for a terminal
>   emulator in GEM, but if they could get a text-window management package
>   together that's speedy enough......

The WTERM terminal emulator runs in a window, giving you access to the menu
bar. I don't remember who wrote it.  I prefer UniTerm because I don't like
giving up even a little bit of the tiny ST screen to a menu bar, clock, etc.

-- Ashwin.
-------

jmlang@water.UUCP (02/11/87)

>The WTERM terminal emulator runs in a window, giving you access to the menu
>bar. I don't remember who wrote it.
>
>-- Ashwin.
>-------
WTERM was written by Eric Fraga.
He was then here at the University of Waterloo and is away for a while
on the other side of the Atlantic.
--
Je'ro^me M. Lang	   ||    jmlang@water.bitnet        jmlang@water.uucp
Dept of Applied Math       ||			  jmlang%water@waterloo.csnet