[comp.sys.atari.st] ATARI CORP

FATR6@usu.BITNET.UUCP (02/25/87)

Date:     Tue, 24 Feb 87 11:26 MST
From:     <FATR6@USU.BITNET>
Subject:  Re: ATARI CORP
To:       info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

        There seems to be quite a discusion as to the credibility of ATARI
CORP. In addtition there have been numerous threats about getting rid of
ones ST in lieu of an AT or 'A500'. I presume that you had a good reason for
buying an ST in the first place, one of which probably was the fact that you
could buy 3 1040s for the price of 1 AT. It would be nice to assume that
ATARI can provide the same type of customer support/service that IBM does.
The price you pay for an AT is not for hardware it is for both hardware and
a name. When you buy an Atari you are for the most part on your own. If you
want customer sales/support pay for it bu don't complain when you paid a
small amount for a good computer and still want customer support.

        I predict anyone buying an AT at this point will wish he hadn't in a
year. What happens to compatibility when IBMK markets it's 80386 machine? Are
they dumb enough to make it clonable?????!!!!!

        ATARI had a good thing with the ST. They are going down the same road
as they did in the 8-bit market of trying to cover all the bases. They should
try to make the ST more expandable and stick with a WINNER!!!!

Jon Jensen <FATR6@USU>

P.S. My opinions are diametricly opposed to USU's.