[comp.sys.atari.st] Thinking games

SOFPJF@uoguelph.BITNET.UUCP (02/23/87)

Date:         Mon, 23 Feb 87 11:32:43 EST
From:         Peter Jaspers-Fayer <SOFPJF@UOGUELPH>
Subject:      Thinking games
To:           Atari ST users <INFO-ATARI16@SCORE.STANFORD.EDU>

I just got a copy of KRABAT (Chess), and was wondering if there were any
other games of this type for the ST available (monochrome).  Can people
please point me (i.e. BITNET-addressable server or vendor's name) to
decent ST software to play:  OTHELLO ("Reversi"), GOMOKU ("go-bang"),
PENTE, or (and this is a long shot, because I don't think it's been done
for ANY computer yet) GO?    (Or any others of the same type).  Unless
you feel like doing a "mini-review" to the net, please reply eMail
direct.

     I'm afraid I wasn't too impressed by last year's game of checkers
(posted under some strange name I now forget), and I'm SURE there must
be quality software out there for these sort of games.
 /PJ

john@viper.UUCP (02/25/87)

Well, there is a rather nice Othello (AKA: Reversi) accessory floating around.
I have no idea who wrote it or where it came from, but it's available thru
many user group disk librarys and probably is on more than one BBS.  It's
not perfect (I can beat it 9 times out of 10), but it is very cleanly done
and has the advantage that it runs in all three resolutions.

---
John Stanley (john@viper.UUCP)
Software Consultant - DynaSoft Systems
UUCP: ...{amdahl,ihnp4,rutgers}!{meccts,dayton}!viper!john