[comp.sys.atari.st] VIX editor program

chas@ssc-vax.UUCP (02/21/87)

	I too, have been looking for a working copy of VIX.  I saved the
   uuencoded version that was posted to the net several months ago.
   However, the unencoded VIX.TTP will not run, giving a "bad program
   load format" error.  I would greatly appreciate it if someone could
   email me a working "arc"ed copy.
	A note of caution is in order though: looking at the executable
   I found a Digital Research copyright dated 1984 embedded in the header.
   Perhaps we should stick to TVX (which I don't have either) until we can
   determine what DRI wants for VIX.  If they posted it originally, they
   probably don't care by now.

						Chas.
--
UUCP  (uw-beaver|fluke)!ssc-vax!ssc-bee!chas   (Charles Boyd)
ARPA  ssc-vax!ssc-bee!chas@uw-beaver

ericr@hpvcla.UUCP (02/24/87)

That copyright from DRI may be part of the C runtime library.  VIX has been
and is public domain(at least shareware).

Eric Ross
ihnp4!hpfcla!hpvcla!ericr
CIS: 72347,2664
GEnie: E.ROSS

lbl@druhi.UUCP (02/25/87)

In article <771@ssc-bee.ssc-vax.UUCP>, chas@ssc-vax.UUCP writes:

> 	I too, have been looking for a working copy of VIX.  I saved the
>    uuencoded version that was posted to the net several months ago.
>    However, the unencoded VIX.TTP will not run, giving a "bad program
>    load format" error.  I would greatly appreciate it if someone could
>    email me a working "arc"ed copy.
> 	A note of caution is in order though: looking at the executable
>    I found a Digital Research copyright dated 1984 embedded in the header.
>    Perhaps we should stick to TVX (which I don't have either) until we can
>    determine what DRI wants for VIX.  If they posted it originally, they
>    probably don't care by now.
>
> 						Chas.
> --
> UUCP  (uw-beaver|fluke)!ssc-vax!ssc-bee!chas   (Charles Boyd)
> ARPA  ssc-vax!ssc-bee!chas@uw-beaver
> WORK  (206) 773-3878			Now is the time for all good men to
> HOME  (206) xxx-xxxx			come to the aid of their planet...

Charles,

VIX is really TVX configured to look somewhat like VI.  Both were
posted by Bruce Wampler along with the source. He is also the author of
the programs in question.  The copyright notice you saw was probably in
one of the libraries included with the DRI C compiler that comes with
the developer kit.  I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Barry