[comp.sys.atari.st] An interesting crash

KJBSF@slacvm.BITNET.UUCP (03/05/87)

Date: 4 March 87 21:42-PST
From: KJBSF@SLACVM
To: INFO-ATARI16@SCORE
Subject: An interesting crash

Date: 4 March 1987, 21:39:59 PST
From: Kevin J. Burnett          x3330                <KJBSF@SLACVM>
To:   <INFO-ATARI16@SCORE.STANFORD>

I've just found an interesting way to crash your ST, guaranteed.
Boot up with the control panel installed, and after you get the
desktop, open a disk window.  Then open the Control Panel and
re-select the disk window over it.  If you now try to select
anything on the control panel via the right-button deal the system
will come to a screeching halt.
    This sounds like a bug to me.

leavens@atari.UUCP (Alex Leavens) (03/06/87)

in article <8703050544.AA20447@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, KJBSF@slacvm.BITNET says:

> Control panel/desktop crash.

  This sounds like an interesting crash to me.  I'll pass it along to our
engineers, see if it's a bug or just some weird interaction of the desktop.

--alex @ Atari

BIX: alexl.         GEnie: ALEXLEAVENS         ATariCorp: 408-745-2006