[comp.sys.atari.st] HD & LogiKhrons: do they get along?

menton@v5130b.DECnet ("V5130B::MENTON") (03/07/87)

	Several of us are using the LogiKhron clock module that plugs into the
cartridge port of the ST.  We've been quite happy with them for several months,
BUT: we've just connected Supra 20 meg hard drives.

	I seem to remember, many months ago, comments about the LogiKhron
creating problems when a hard drive is used.  Can someone refresh my memory
on this point?  Is it still felt that LogiKhron clock modules and hard drives
do not get along?

					Bob Menton  KG3J
					MENTON@NRL-ACOUSTICS

"You know better than to trust a strange computer."
------

barkley@ncrcae.UUCP (03/11/87)

In article <8703070144.AA29575@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> "V5130B::MENTON" <menton@v5130b.decnet> writes:

>	Several of us are using the LogiKhron clock module that plugs into the
>cartridge port of the ST.  We've been quite happy with them for several months,
>BUT: we've just connected Supra 20 meg hard drives.
>
>	I seem to remember, many months ago, comments about the LogiKhron
>creating problems when a hard drive is used.  Can someone refresh my memory
>on this point?  Is it still felt that LogiKhron clock modules and hard drives
>do not get along?
>					Bob Menton  KG3J
>					MENTON@NRL-ACOUSTICS
>------

I have had my 520ST for about 20 months, the LogiKhron clock for 14 months, the
1 Meg upgrade for 10 months, and the Atari 20Meg hard drive for 7 months.
All seem to sing in perfect harmony.  There IS a particular AUTO folder
sequence that must be observed, though.  If I can remember correctly, the time
setting function must be in the hard drive folder so that no disk driver
initialization activities are going on while the time function is being
set-up. (i.e. Driver for hard disk not usable until initialization
complete - it then gets the C:AUTO\files - This was deduced thru observation
rather than from documentation or hard facts.  Any comments?).

			B2