[comp.sys.atari.st] problems with comp.binaries.atari.st

turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) (03/16/87)

I have gotten a lot of mail form people asking where did
comp.binaries.atari.st go so i did some checking and it turns out
that the group was never created ( heaven knows what happened to the
postings). Anywho i am working with the net-powers-that-be to see if
this is a bug in news v2.11 or did i screw up. Please be patient and
we will try to sort this out as quickly as we can.

--
---------------
C'est la vie, C'est la guerre, C'est la pomme de terre

In article <983@imagen.UUCP> turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) writes:

>I have gotten a lot of mail form people asking where did
>comp.binaries.atari.st go so i did some checking and it turns out
>that the group was never created ( heaven knows what happened to the
>postings). Anywho i am working with the net-powers-that-be to see if
>this is a bug in news v2.11 or did i screw up. Please be patient and
>we will try to sort this out as quickly as we can.

It was created at this end of the world.  Typically, you need to create it
yourself, have several of the net.gods create it and then a random sites
will also create it.

After that, use generally increases the availability factor.

Also note that it is important for you, as the moderator to try to maximize
your own fan-out.  One slow to respond site can wipe out your netwide
distribution otherwise.  Many sites will cooperate in setting up single-
group news exchanges.  Wanna set up a reciprocal daily-dial for this?