[comp.sys.atari.st] Extension boards for the Mega-STs?

ZRFA1@DS0RUS51.BITNET.UUCP (03/23/87)

I am sorry, if this message is the second time on the list.
I have allready sent it some time ago, bet never seen it on
the digests we get on bitnet sites.

In an interview with a german magazine Shiraz Shivij said
that Atari has finished the development of a board with the
68881 on it. Does somebody (Neil) know when this board will
be available, and which languages are going to support it.
In german Atari advertisements the board is allready cited.

In the same interview Shiraz Shivij said that they have a
LAN-board for lokal area networking in a Vax environement.
Does somebody know what software is used (TCP/IP, Decnet,...)?

Is it possible to use more than one board in one machine?
Are there any more boards planned?

                                Ulrich Lang (ZRFA1@DS0RUS1I)

neil@atari.UUCP (03/24/87)

In article <8703231057.AA11904@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, ZRFA1@DS0RUS51.BITNET writes:

> In an interview with a german magazine Shiraz Shivij said
> that Atari has finished the development of a board with the
> 68881 on it. Does somebody (Neil) know when this board will
> be available, and which languages are going to support it.

From what I hear, the 68881 board was simply built to show what could be
done for the Mega ST using the expansion bus.  If we plan to use it as a
product, it's news to me.  Sounds like the sort of product that would be a
perfect opportunity for a third party vendor to sell.

--
--->Neil Harris, Director of Marketing Communications, Atari Corporation
UUCP: ...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil