[comp.sys.atari.st] PD RSC editor?

csan@its63b.ed.ac.uk (Andie) (03/17/87)

[************************There aint no such thing as the linea...

Dear Netland,

Does anyone know of a *cheap* (even better,PD) RSC editor that I can get my
hands on ? I am getting pretty frustrated not being able to write friendly
prg's without RSCs . I am also on the scrounge for any ACCSTART libraries
that are going around (suitable for Lattice C,Mod2 and useable from my
M68000 assembler)

Thanks (as they say) in advance.

Andie
		Department of Computer Science
		EDINBURGH University.

		ARPA : csan%ed.its63b@ucl-cs.arpa
		UUCP : ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!its63b!csan
		JANET: csan@uk.ac.ed.its63b

% These are my own views and any resemblance to any coherent reasoning is
% probably a typo.
%
%  "The back row strikes again!"

leavens@atari.UUCP (03/20/87)

in article <335@its63b.ed.ac.uk>, csan@its63b.ed.ac.uk (Andie) says:

> Does anyone know of a *cheap* (even better,PD) RSC editor that I can get my
> hands on ? I am getting pretty frustrated not being able to write friendly
> prg's without RSCs . I am also on the scrounge for any ACCSTART libraries
> that are going around (suitable for Lattice C,Mod2 and useable from my
> M68000 assembler)

  Well, I don't know of any public domain RCS's, but Kuma sells an RCS
independently of any compiler, etc., and it's fairly cheap.  (Its around
50 bucks, US, I don't know what it sells for in England.).

  I haven't played with it myself, so I can't vouch for it's completeness,
etc., but others who've used it say it's pretty good.

--
--alex @ Atari				  {sun,lll-lcc,imagen}!atari!dyer
BIX: alexl.          GEnie:ALEXLEAVENS    AtariCorp:(408)-745-2006

"Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers."

DAVIDLI@SIMVAX.BITNET.UUCP (03/25/87)

Date:     Tue, 24 Mar 87 15:38 CST
From:     <DAVIDLI@SIMVAX.BITNET> (System Manager)
Subject:  re: PD RSC editor?
To:       info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

>mcvax!ukc!its63b!csan@seismo.css.gov  (Andie)
>PD RSC editor?

>Does anyone know of a *cheap* (even better,PD) RSC editor that I can get my

As far as I know there are no PD RSC editors.  However, you can get one
that works remarkably well (and will produce header files for C, Pascal,
Modula-2 and FORTRAN) for under $50.

Check for K-RESOURCE at your local dealer.  Or, you can order it directly
from ANTIC magazine.

-- Dave Meile                           davidli@simvax.bitnet