[comp.sys.atari.st] B. Dalton bags the ST

tony@wldrdg.UUCP (03/14/87)

The local B. Dalton bookstore here in Boulder has stopped carrying
ST software. They never did carry very much of a selection, and never
got any STs in the store to demo stuff with. In spite of that, I tried
to encourage them by buying ST software there whenever possible.

With their limited selection and lack of demo machines, they sure
didn't give the ST much of a chance.

Question to Atari: Are there any other major retailers carrying or
planning to carry ST software?

Tony Andrews
Wildridge Consulting, Inc.
Boulder, CO
...!ihnp4!onecom!wldrdg!tony

holloway@drivax.UUCP (Bruce Holloway) (03/16/87)

In article <122@wldrdg.UUCP> tony@wldrdg.UUCP (Tony Andrews) writes:
>The local B. Dalton bookstore here in Boulder has stopped carrying
>ST software.

Our local B. Dalton's, and Waldenbooks, never carried ST software, and very
little Amiga software, either.

Last year, our local "Toys 'R' Us" started carrying ST hard- and software,
but has never restocked their software selection. As each title sells out,
they use the space for more Commodore 64 programs. They're down to just two
programs - King's Quest II and Degas.

It's too bad - I bought software there before - they're a lot closer than
the nearest Atari dealer in Los Gatos.

- Bruce
--
Bruce Holloway - Relapsed Newsaholic
{seismo,hplabs,sun,ihnp4}!amdahl!drivax!holloway

ud040164@ndsuvm1.bitnet.UUCP (03/25/87)

According to 'Official Word', B. Dalton has stopped carrying _all_
computer software.  I guess they couldn't sell enough at their retail
+ 10% price rate....
-------

a.d. jensen                           "Forty below keeps out
Department of Geography                the riff-raff."
University of North Dakota                -- North Dakota State Motto
Grand Forks, ND

<UD040164%NDSUVM1.BITNET@WISCVM.W