[comp.sys.atari.st] a few questions/whatever

PSIMON%PPC.MFENET@NMFECC.ARPA (03/16/87)

A few questions/whatever:

   Alex Leavens, what is the official upgrade policy for 1st Word, Neochrome,
and (am I dreaming) ST Basic?

   I am very interested in the image processing program described by Patrick
van Kleef (attempts to reach you personally via e-mail have failed, Patrick).
Is this program available here in the states? If not, could I get it from you,
Patrick? Snail-mail would be necessary for such a beast.

   Is usenet case sensitive? From some of the failed mail messages I have
accumulated, it appears that addresses of the mail I send out are getting
capitalized, perhaps right here at home.

   Richard Sansom, I think NAG is a good idea. I was unable to respond to
you directly.

Thanks,
--Patrick Simon   PSIMON%PPC.MFENET@NMFECC.ARPA   or   Q3971@PUCC.BITNET

Might be of interest:
   According to Dick Biow (ST Applications(tm), March 1987), "The United
States Navy has announced that it will not buy copy-protected programs
from anybody, ever, regardless of quality or utility."

kleef@ark.UUCP (03/17/87)

In article <870315235404.01d@nmfecc.arpa> PSIMON%PPC.MFENET@NMFECC.ARPA writes:
>A few questions/whatever:
>
>   I am very interested in the image processing program described by Patrick
>van Kleef (attempts to reach you personally via e-mail have failed, Patrick).
>Is this program available here in the states? If not, could I get it from you,
>Patrick? Snail-mail would be necessary for such a beast.
>
>Thanks,
>--Patrick Simon   PSIMON%PPC.MFENET@NMFECC.ARPA   or   Q3971@PUCC.BITNET

AIM has been sent to the Atarinet Fileserver in Houston.
There you may download it with 7 images that are used in
a demo. The program and the
images + the demo-control file may be downloaded from there.

To get to the fileserver from BITNET, use address

UH-INFO@UHUPVM1 and type ATARINET INDEX or ATARINET NEWS

From usenet, send a message to UACE0@UHUPVM1 and ask for
the AIM-set. Mike will send it to you then. (When he
returns from Holiday).

I CANNOT snailmail (call it a mental disability :) to
y'all. Alex L. at Atari is the only exception I make ;)

BTW, the files may show up on other servers too, as it
is one h*ll of a program! (Credit to Technical University
of Delft, The Netherlands)

leavens@atari.UUCP (Alex Leavens) (03/17/87)

in article <870315235404.01d@nmfecc.arpa>, PSIMON%PPC.MFENET@NMFECC.ARPA says:

> A few questions/whatever:
>
>    Alex Leavens, what is the official upgrade policy for 1st Word, Neochrome,
> and (am I dreaming) ST Basic?

    1st Word--If you don't have version 1.06, you can get it from us.  DUe
to contractual difficulties, we will not be releasing 1st Word Plus.

    NeoChrome--NeoChrome 1.0 is _not_ public domain--we're selling it, and
it should be available at your dealer.

    ST Basic--should happen Real Soon Now (knock on wood).

--alex @ Atari

BIX:alexl.            GEnie: ALEXLEAVENS      AtariCorp: 408-745-2006

"How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all."

wheels@mks.UUCP (03/19/87)

In article <670@atari.UUCP>, leavens@atari.UUCP (Alex Leavens) writes:
> in article <870315235404.01d@nmfecc.arpa>, PSIMON%PPC.MFENET@NMFECC.ARPA says:
>     NeoChrome--NeoChrome 1.0 is _not_ public domain--we're selling it, and
> it should be available at your dealer.

Alex, could you clarify the status of Neochrome 0.9 please?
--
Gerry Wheeler                  {seismo,decvax,ihnp4}!watmath!mks!wheels
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.

sansom@trwrb.UUCP (03/20/87)

In article <944@ark.cs.vu.nl> kleef@cs.vu.nl (Patrick van Kleef) writes:
>AIM has been sent to the Atarinet Fileserver in Houston...
>From usenet, send a message to UACE0@UHUPVM1...

Has anyone been able to get through to UACE0@UHUPVM1 via UUCP?  I've tried
a couple of different routes but have come up empty so far.

-Rich
--
  //////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 /// Richard E. Sansom                    TRW Electronics & Defense Sector \\\

neil@atari.UUCP (03/24/87)

In article <232@mks.UUCP>, wheels@mks.UUCP writes:

> Alex, could you clarify the status of Neochrome 0.9 please?

NEOchrome 0.9 is a bootleg early version of the program.  It is not
legitimate, was never released by Atari, and has bugs.

--
--->Neil Harris, Director of Marketing Communications, Atari Corporation
UUCP: ...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil

engst@batcomputer.UUCP (03/30/87)

Rich,
   I tried frantically for a while before Dumas's wonderful uudecode came
out and the conclusion I came to after speaking with a bunch of people here
is that it cannot be done at all.  Sorry 'bout that for all you people who
want to communicate with UH-INFO@UHUPVM1 ATARINET and are only on UUCP.
                             adam