[comp.sys.atari.st] graphics coprocessor

OTOLTMAN@HLERUL52.BITNET.UUCP (04/01/87)

Date:     Wed, 1 Apr 87 09:42 N
From:     <OTOLTMAN@HLERUL52.BITNET>
Subject:  graphics coprocessor
To:       INFO-ATARI16@SCORE.STANFORD.EDU

 The last few weeks I've read peoples daydreams and wishlists about the 68020
ad-on.I would like also the idea of a faster computer .But that ad-on will not
ad new features to the existing ST,except an other OS.
 So that's why I want to plead (ATARI are you there...!) for an ad-on with an
advanced graphics microprocessor, like the Texas Instrument's TMS34010, as a
number one priority to develop .It should ad a resolution >= 800*600 with at
least 256 simultaneous colours.Now that would  make a (almost) perfect
computer.

                                                             Ron

bammi@cwruecmp.UUCP (04/02/87)

In article <8704011130.AA09725@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> OTOLTMAN@HLERUL52.BITNET writes:
> So that's why I want to plead (ATARI are you there...!) for an ad-on with an
>advanced graphics microprocessor, like the Texas Instrument's TMS34010, as a

At the Western Penn. Atari faire in Pittsburg, when asked about `toys' atari
had in store for us, one of the things mentioned was a 1Kx1K monochrome
display. Neil are you keep up your end. We have kept up our end by waiting
with baited breath :-)
--
usenet: {decvax,cbatt,cbosgd,sun}!cwruecmp!bammi	jwahar r. bammi
csnet:       bammi@case

neil@atari.UUCP (04/03/87)

In article <1993@cwruecmp.UUCP>, bammi@cwruecmp.UUCP (Jwahar R. Bammi) writes:

> At the Western Penn. Atari faire in Pittsburg, when asked about `toys' atari
> had in store for us, one of the things mentioned was a 1Kx1K monochrome
> display. Neil are you keep up your end. We have kept up our end by waiting
> with baited breath :-)

While there is certainly a product in the works that approximates the
description you give, it is too soon to be baiting your breath.

--
--->Neil Harris, Director of Marketing Communications, Atari Corporation
UUCP: ...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil