[comp.sys.atari.st] HDSCAN12.ARC

rling@uw-june.UUCP (03/31/87)

The recently posted HDSCAN12.ARC appears to have been corrupted
when it got here.  The copy at INFO-ATARI16 (score.stanford.edu)
has the same problem.  An integrity check of the file using ARC
showed errors in all the major files.

Would the poster, or author, send another copy to either or all of:

    turner@imagen       (comp.binaries.atari.st)
    info-atari16@su-score.arpa

and, and of course, me.   Thanks.

- Robert Ling   <rling@uw-june.arpa>
                <rling@june.cs.washington.edu>

jmg@cernvax.UUCP (04/01/87)

In article <2307@uw-june.UUCP> rling@uw-june.UUCP (Robert Ling) writes:
>The recently posted HDSCAN12.ARC appears to have been corrupted
>when it got here.  The copy at INFO-ATARI16 (score.stanford.edu)
>has the same problem.  An integrity check of the file using ARC
>showed errors in all the major files.

This was the old tilda/caret error. Fix it by changing all tildas
to carets.

long@sask.UUCP (04/04/87)

In article <2307@uw-june.UUCP>, rling@uw-june.UUCP (Robert Ling) writes:

> The recently posted HDSCAN12.ARC appears to have been corrupted
> when it got here.  The copy at INFO-ATARI16 (score.stanford.edu)
> has the same problem.  An integrity check of the file using ARC
> showed errors in all the major files.

The file may not be corrupted.  I was under the same impression,
cuz I got all kinds of bizarre errors after uudecoding the file on
the VAX and then kermitting it to my ST to do the de-ARCing.

Everything worked fine when I kermitted all the files home first,
then edited them together, then de-ARCed.  Using the DUMAS uudecode
everything worked, and ARC reported no errors.  This is the first
time that a UUDECODE done on the ST has been capable of something
the VAX UUDECODE was not.  I am impressed!!!

Warren

--
=-=-=-=-=-Warren Long at University of Saskatchewan, Canada-=-=-=-=-
Home: 78 Carleton Dr.,Saskatoon, Sasakatchewan, S7H 3N6