[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari's 520 ST repair/replacement policy

UD140469@NDSUVM1.BITNET.UUCP (04/11/87)

Date:         Sat, 11 Apr 1987 14:11 CDT
From:         Scott Udell <UD140469@NDSUVM1>
Subject:      Atari's 520 ST repair/replacement policy
To:           <INFO-ATARI16@SCORE.STANFORD.EDU>

Sorry to post this to the net, but apparently none of my messages got to the
folks at Atari...  Besides, 520 owners out there might be interested in what  I
have to ask Atari--

   A little more than four weeks ago I sent my sickly 520 off to you (Atari) to
be repaired/replaced in that deal Neil announced on the net (your 520 and $95
will get you a 520 back with the newest motherboard and the r/f modulator).
I talked to someone down there (voice), a repair tech-person I think, and he
told me it would take 3-4 weeks, including shipping both ways.  Well, it's
been four weeks and a day, and no sign of it yet.  I know that I'm shaving
the deadline awfully close here (what with slow UPS & all), but it's getting
towards the end of the semester up here in North Dakota, and I'm getting
kind of desperate.  I was wondering if someone at Atari could check to see if
my computer has left yet (or if it even got there!), and tell me the status.
My name's Scott Udell, and the computer was going to a friend of mine at the
Grand Forks Air Force Base, ND.  The street was, uh, 6241B Dakota Dr. (I
think...).  I'm in at UND (the Sioux--WCHA/NCAA Hockey champs, 86/87! :-)).
    I was wondering if the delay might be the fact that Atari is converting
to that all-in-one 520 package I've been hearing about...  I hope not, because
that means I'll get a note in the mail telling me they want another $199 to
pay for the built in disk drive (according to the tech fellow I talked to I'd
get a whole new 520, probably because my old-model 520 doesn't have room for
the r/f modulator)...

    Getting desperate (and with four new programs, to boot! :-))...
    Scott Udell
    UD140469@NDSUVM1.BITNET
..

neil@atari.UUCP (04/13/87)

> Date:         Sat, 11 Apr 1987 14:11 CDT
> From:         Scott Udell <UD140469@NDSUVM1>
> Subject:      Atari's 520 ST repair/replacement policy
>
>    A little more than four weeks ago I sent my sickly 520 off to you
> (Atari) to be repaired/replaced in that deal Neil announced on the net
> (your 520 and $95

I got your Email on Friday the 10th, and responded that same day.  The
system should have gone out to on that very day, plus or minus a day.  So,
even at this moment it should be rolling on its way to you via UPS.

I know it is tough to be without the ST...

--
--->Neil Harris, Director of Marketing Communications, Atari Corporation
UUCP: ...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil