[comp.sys.atari.st] Gemsoft & MWC interaction

weber_w@apollo.UUCP (04/17/87)

In article <685@sask.UUCP> long@sask.UUCP (Warren Long) writes:

>Anyways, the bug is that Mark William's C has a neat new shell called
>MSH.PRG, which is not be able to find it's PROFILE when run with
>GEMSOFT present.

Warren -

I noticed this also, and it is related to the manner in which GEMBOOT
jumps to the OS, apparently not setting up all of the data in memory
which are set when GEM handles bringing up the desktop.

MSH.prg appears to be using one of these addresses to set up it's
new (at v2.0) "camefrom" variable.  I have contacted the Mark Williams
support people, they will hopefully be giving me a call RealSoonNow.

I have taken to sourcing in the profile by hand when I start msh.prg,
and then doing a "set camefrom=desktop".  No adverse reactions noticed
so far.....
--
Walt Weber               PHONE: (617) 256-6600 x7004
Apollo Computer          GENIE: W.WEBER