[comp.sys.atari.st] Uniterm/Gemsoft/MWC etc.

S071768@UMRVMA.BITNET.UUCP (04/18/87)

Date:         Sat, 18 Apr 87 11:23:39 CDT
From:         Kevin Schneider <S071768@UMRVMA>
Subject:      Uniterm/Gemsoft/MWC etc.
To:           INFO-ATARI16@SCORE.STANFORD.EDU

I seem to be the only one who has had trouble with the Gemboot program.
When I have it installed, the Mark Williams Shell can't find its profile.
Without Gemboot, All works fine.  Any suggestions as to why this is occurring?

In another matter, I was using the OSS bbs with Uniterm and had a terrible
time.  All of the screen output was sent to the printer!  I was using 8 bits,
no parity, with 1 stop bit in vt52 mode.  Any help here?

Regarding a new smaller Uniterm:  As a former non-ugraded 520 owner w/HD,
(now at 1 Meg) it was a pain to have to dump accessories or a
small ramdisk in order to make Uniterm run.  I use it for VT100 and Kermit,
not needing the Tektronix emulation.  Thus, my vote for the scaled down version
is to drop the 4010 but keep Kermit.

Kevin  Schneider                 BITNET:S071768@UMRVMA