[comp.sys.atari.st] Speeding up Uniterm / Kermit

RCOPROB@HDETUD1.BITNET (04/23/87)

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 87 04:49:44 MET
To: info-atari16@score.STANFORD
From: RCOPROB@HDETUD1
Return-Receipt-To: RCOPROB@HDETUD1.BITNET
Subject: Speeding up Uniterm / Kermit

Date: 23 April 1987, 04:48:43 MET
From: Rob van Hoboken           +31 15 78-3813       RCOPROB  at HDETUD1
To:   INFO-ATARI16 at SCORE

I've been uploading some data using two implementations of Kermit.
I don't understand the results, who can enlighten me?
The modem I'm using is 1200 baud, I'm loading from CMS/Kermit to my 1040-ST.

When I use the UNITERM 1.7b implementation, it takes about 26 minutes to
transfer 10 kilobytes of data !!! (about 6 chars / sec ??)

When I'm using Bernhard Nebel's implementation (v 1.02) it only takes
2.5 minutes. That's 60+ characters per second.

Is there any way to tune Uniterm? Is it always so slow?
Or is it a "user error"?