[comp.sys.atari.st] Dcreate and Ddelete GENDOS calls, do they work ?

UDAC041%UK.AC.KCL.CC.VAXA@ac.UK.UUCP (04/22/87)

Hi,

I am having real problems with the GEMDOS call 'Ddelete'. After creating a
directory with 'Dcreate' I then try to delete it, but I get the error
message saying that the directory is not empty.

I am calling 'Ddelete' with a pointer to a string of the directory name (not
the full path as I am currently in a subdirectory one level above the
directory I am trying to delete).

Has anyone else had the same trouble, or is it me :-)

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Smith

UDAC041%VAXA.CC.KCL.AC.UK@UKACRL.EARN (OR .BITNET)

at@laura.UUCP (04/23/87)

In article <8704221042.AA20387@jade.berkeley.edu> UDAC041%UK.AC.KCL.CC.VAXA@ac.UK writes:
>I am having real problems with the GEMDOS call 'Ddelete'. After creating a
>directory with 'Dcreate' I then try to delete it, but I get the error
>message saying that the directory is not empty.

This IS A BUG ! You have to access a new directory once (i.e. internalize
it) otherwise Ddelete won't work.

	Andreas