[comp.sys.atari.st] Downgrading Uniterm?

PRINS@HLERUL5.BITNET (04/24/87)

Date:     Fri, 24 Apr 87 12:43 N
From:     <PRINS@HLERUL5.BITNET> (R. Prins - Network Mgr. [DEC Sites] RU Leiden)
Subject:  Downgrading Uniterm?
To:       info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

At the moment there is quite a discussion about how Uniterm can
be stripped to consume less memory.

As far as I know, Uniterm is currently the best terminal emulator
package currently available for the ST. And not even a commercial
product! I personally like the development in the direction of a
VT240(1?) terminal very much. Simon Poole should be fully encouraged
to continue the good work.

That's one reason I do'nt think he should be encouraged to put much
time in making a downgraded version of Uniterm.
Another reason is: What's the problem in using a couple of Ks of memory?
I expect that in the middle of 1988 a 4Mb ST will be the standard
configuration for an ST. Using 512K for a terminal emulator will be absolutely
no problem then.

                                Greetings,

                                        R. Prins,
                                        Centraal Rekeninstituut,
                                        University of Leiden.

<My employer has nothing to do with this!>