[comp.sys.atari.st] need ARC,UUDECODE for VMS

SYSTEM@UVPHYS.BITNET (04/22/87)

Date:     Wed, 22 Apr 87 08:54 PST
From:     <SYSTEM@UVPHYS.BITNET> (NAME NIK ZAPANTIS)
Subject:  need ARC,UUDECODE for VMS
To:       info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

  Since I receive all ATARI related files on a VAX/VMS system, it would be
nice if I could use ARC and UUDECODE to scan the files first before down-

  Is there an ARC/UUDECODE version for VMS? Could someone send it to me, or
tell me where I can get it from?

Thanks in advance,

Nik Zapantis
UVIC, Physics
Victoria, BC
(604) 721-7729

system@uvphys.bitnet

todd@eneevax.UUCP (04/24/87)

Sources for ARC floated around a month or two or three ago, and I made
the trivial changes necessary to work it  on a VAX/VMS system, for the
same reason (my Atari is connected to the world through  my VAX, as is
my PC/AT).  UUENCODE and UUDECODE  are a dime  a dozen, and  you don't
really have to make any changes to the UNIX  version to get it to work
right.  There  might be    something  minor like changing  index()  to
strchr().  I'm going to DECUS,  so I'll make ARC available  somewhere,
somehow, sometime when I get back.

While we're on  the subject of Atari  computers near  VAX/VMS systems,
I've written  a nice little utility for  the VAX that translates Degas
image bitmaps into QMS QUIC code for the QMS laser printers,  known as
Lasergrafix or Talaris depending.    I've posted  it to  the  info-vax
mailing list, so it will appear on  Usenet in newsgroup comp.os.vms or
some such (maybe mod.computers.vax if that still exists?). It went out
yesterday.

Todd Aven
the Softwear Sweatshop