[comp.sys.atari.st] errors TOS, GEM

FATR6@USU.BITNET (04/20/87)

Date:     Mon, 20 Apr 87 07:57 MST
From:     <FATR6@USU.BITNET>
Subject:  errors TOS, GEM
To:       info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

Can someone out there post a summary of TOS/GEM error messages? When I get
6 bombs I don't know what that means. Also I occasionaly get a dialog box
which gives a TOS error number. Please reply here and I will post a summary,
Thanks

Jon Jensen
Utah State University CS Dept
Logan UT
FATR6@USU

csan@its63b.UUCP (04/27/87)

In article <8704201358.AA26227@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> FATR6@USU.BITNET writes:
>Date:     Mon, 20 Apr 87 07:57 MST
>From:     <FATR6@USU.BITNET>
>Subject:  errors TOS, GEM
>To:       info-atari16@score.stanford.edu
>

>Can someone out there post a summary of TOS/GEM error messages? When I get
>6 bombs I don't know what that means. Also I occasionaly get a dialog box
>which gives a TOS error number. Please reply here and I will post a summary,
>Thanks
>
>Jon Jensen
>Utah State University CS Dept
>Logan UT
>FATR6@USU

The number of bombs gives the exception number of the thing that caused the
program to bomb....
	The meaning of these can be found in any good book ( and some bad
ones ) on the M68000

The TOS error dialog boxes are a little more cryptic..... These are explained
in the Abacus internals book. If you want a run down of either of these,
send me e-mail to the addresses below.

Andie Ness . Department of Computer Science
              EDINBURGH University.

                   ARPA:  csan%ed.itspna@ucl-cs.arpa
                   UUCP:  ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!itspna!csan
                   JANET: csan@uk.ac.ed.itspna

% These are my own views and any resemblance to any coherent reasoning is
% probably a typo.
%
%  "The back row strikes again!"