[comp.sys.atari.st] What is the status of this shell

XBR2DB2Q@DDATHD21.BITNET.UUCP (04/30/87)

Date:     Thu, 30 Apr 87 18:51:54 +0200 (Central European Summer Time)
From:     XBR2DB2Q@DDATHD21.BITNET (Rainer Fuchs, TH Darmstadt)
Subject:  RE: What is the status of this shell
To:       info-atari16@Score.Stanford.edu

In digest #184 Jack Jansen (jack@mcvax.uucp) asked:

>I have a question. I have a desk-accessory, called (very
>appropriately) 'shell.acc'. It is a shell in a deskacc.
>The only hints at it's origin are the fact that the error messages
>are in german, and that it says 'JS SHELL' when started.
>I got it sometime somewhere on a disk with other software.
>Now, my question is: is this public domain? Shareware? Our should
>I scratch my copy and go off and buy one?

If we are talking about the same program (and i only know one shell.acc
written in Germany) it is definitely FREEWARE, so keep it on your disk!

>The next question is wether anyone has documentation for it,
>like options it accepts, wether it has a .profile-like capability,
>etc.

Yes, i do have documentation for it and i may send it on request (ARCed
and UUENCODED).

Rainer Fuchs, Inst. of Biochemistry, TH Darmstadt, W-Germany
XBR2DB2Q@DDATHD21.BITNET