[comp.sys.atari.st] Fsfirst, Fsnext Bug??

stevef@dasys1.UUCP (Steve A. Feinstein) (05/12/87)

Does anyone know of any bugs in the use of Fsfirst, Fsnext while using
Megamax,
	When I use;

		Fsfirst("c:*.*, 0);

	it works fine, but when I add a path name;

		Fsfirst(c:\auto\*.*, 0);

All I get is nothing returned.  Does anyone have any ideas ?? Has
anyone encountered this??  Am I doing something wrong??

--
Steve Feinstein                  {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
                                {bellcore,harpo,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!stevef

john@polyof.UUCP ( John Buck ) (05/14/87)

In article <396@dasys1.UUCP>, stevef@dasys1.UUCP (Steve A. Feinstein) writes:
> Does anyone know of any bugs in the use of Fsfirst, Fsnext while using
> Megamax,
> 		Fsfirst("c:*.*, 0);
> 	it works fine, but when I add a path name;
> 		Fsfirst(c:\auto\*.*, 0);
> All I get is nothing returned.  Does anyone have any ideas ?? Has
> anyone encountered this??  Am I doing something wrong??

Probably the latter (you are doing something wrong).  Remember \ is special
in C.  What you probably wanted to say is:
		Fsfirst("c:\\auto\\*.*", 0);
You need 2 \ for each one you want.

John Buck
polyof!john

XBR1YD22@DDATHD21.BITNET.UUCP (05/15/87)

Date:     Fri, 15 May 87 12:01:38 +0200 (Central European Summer Time)
From:     XBR1YD22@DDATHD21.BITNET (Ralf Bayer {Herz-Baerchi})
Subject:  RE: Fsfirst, Fsnext Bug??
To:       info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

>Does anyone know of any bugs in the use of Fsfirst, Fsnext while using
>Megamax,
>    When I use;
>
>        Fsfirst("c:*.*, 0);
>
>    it works fine, but when I add a path name;
>
>        Fsfirst(c:\auto\*.*, 0);
>
>All I get is nothing returned.  Does anyone have any ideas ?? Has
>anyone encountered this??  Am I doing something wrong??

What about using Fsfirst("c:\\auto\\*.*", 0)? C uses the \-character as
an escape character for quoting, so what really get's into YOUR string is
probably "c:auto*.*", and I guess you don't have a file named that way
floating around.

Hope that helps,

Ralf Bayer (The Care-Baer)
Computing Center @ the Technical University of Darmstadt, West Germany

Arpanet:   xbr1yd22%ddathd21.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.EDU
BITNET:    xbr1yd22@ddathd21

csan@its63b.ed.ac.uk (Andie) (05/17/87)

In article <396@dasys1.UUCP> stevef@dasys1.UUCP (Steve A. Feinstein) writes:
>Does anyone know of any bugs in the use of Fsfirst, Fsnext while using
>Megamax,
>	When I use;
>
>		Fsfirst("c:*.*, 0);
>
>	it works fine, but when I add a path name;
>
>		Fsfirst(c:\auto\*.*, 0);
>
>All I get is nothing returned.  Does anyone have any ideas ?? Has
>anyone encountered this??  Am I doing something wrong??
>

>--
>Steve Feinstein                  {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
>                                {bellcore,harpo,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!stevef
>New York, NY, USA                                {philabs}!tg/

AT LAST ... SOMEONE *I* CAN HELP !!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you .. I thought Id always be here just asking and listening.

	I encountered this problem last month (using Lattice) .... Then I
realised that the \ on its own is a control delimeter . You need \\ !!!
--Andie.

Andie Ness . Department of Computer Science
              EDINBURGH University.

                   ARPA:  csan%ed.itspna@ucl-cs.arpa
                   UUCP:  ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!itspna!csan
                   JANET: csan@uk.ac.ed.itspna

% These are my own views and any resemblance to any coherent reasoning is
% probably a typo.
%
%  "The back row strikes again!"