[comp.sys.atari.st] GULAM & MWC 2.0

pm@cwruecmp.UUCP (Prabhaker Mateti) (05/22/87)

In article <1912@trwrb.UUCP> sansom@trwrb.UUCP (Richard Sansom) writes:
>Now, for my troubles:  I can't get the MWC 2.0 compiler to work correctly
>with gulam.  I get errors about missing "}" characters in the pre-processor,
>and all kinds of other strange stuff.

I don't know why this happens.  I think cc is at fault, in this case.

When you 'set env_style mw', Gulam constructs the environment string
according to Mark William's published description.  After setting this,
all their utilities, except cc, work properly.  That is, arbitary number
of args can be given to them; try e.g., 'file *'  When Pexec'ing
I also pass the args in 'cmdtail' in the usual way.  I read the MWC startup
code (crts0.s); everything should work.

My conclusion is cc is linked with a different startup code.  When using
their cc, I unset env_style.  Their `make ', `ar' et al. work fine
with env_style set to mw.

--
prabhaker mateti,   case western reserve university, cleveland, oh 44106
decvax!cwruecmp!pm  pm@Case (pm%Case@csnet-relay)    (216) 368-2816