[comp.sys.atari.st] The status of my do-it-all DA, Schizo.acc

hi2cah@sdcc13.ucsd.EDU (John "Tushie" Ogawa) (05/29/87)

<< Is there still a line eater? >>

Ooops. Sorry folks. Here's the latest info on my do-it-all DA. Since
Jim Turner is not running the binaries group until he gets a new job
(somebody hire him please!) the DA is waiting. There is a version up
on GEnie at this moment if you really want it. I would reccommend
waiting till next week though, for I should have the next version
out which has a bug fix and will let you run in high rez. If there
is any response, I will post it here then instead of waiting for
Jim.

John Ogawa

GEnie: TUSHIE
NET: ps136sag@sdcc13.ucsd.edu <or> ...ucbvax!sdcsvax!sdcc13!ps136sag

PLEASE SEND MAIL TO ADDRESS ABOVE!

engst@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Adam C. Engst) (06/01/87)

John,
   Please post it! Please post it!

holloway@drivax.UUCP (Bruce Holloway) (06/01/87)

In article <882@sdcc13.ucsd.EDU> hi2cah@sdcc13.ucsd.EDU (John "Tushie" Ogawa) writes:

>Ooops. Sorry folks. Here's the latest info on my do-it-all DA. Since
>Jim Turner is not running the binaries group until he gets a new job
>(somebody hire him please!) the DA is waiting.

I'm having this bizarre problem with SCHIZO.ACC. The first few days I had
it, it worked fine, and would prompt me for the date and time at cold boot.
Now, although it prompts, usually the month and year buttons are entirely
deselected, the day prompt usually has several buttons selected (usually
one for the Tens and two (like, both the 3 and the 2) selected for the Ones).
The time is right, though.

Where does it save the time from session to session? In Desktop.Inf? (I haven't
looked at this yet...) Seems to be a bug somewhere...

- Bruce

(ALBATROSS @ DELPHI,PLINK)
--
Bruce Holloway - Relapsed Newsaholic   {ihnp4,seismo,sun}!amdahl!drivax!holloway
"Everything should be made as complex as possible - esp. if you're paid hourly."

ljdickey@water.UUCP (06/02/87)

In article <882@sdcc13.ucsd.EDU> hi2cah@sdcc13.ucsd.EDU (John "Tushie" Ogawa) writes:
>                                                               Since
>Jim Turner is not running the binaries group until he gets a new job
>(somebody hire him please!) the DA is waiting. There is a version up
>on GEnie at this moment if you really want it. I would reccommend
>waiting till next week though, for I should have the next version
>out which has a bug fix and will let you run in high rez. If there
>is any response, I will post it here then instead of waiting for
>Jim.

Could I suggest that you mail it to the Huston group for inclusion
in their files?  Some percentage of readers of this newsgroup
do have access to their offerings.  Their address is

	UACE0@UHUPVM1.BITNET

--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
 ljdickey@water.UUCP    ljdickey%water@waterloo.CSNET

hi2cah@sdcc13.UUCP (06/02/87)

In article <1708@drivax.UUCP> holloway@drivax.UUCP (Bruce Holloway) writes:

>I'm having this bizarre problem with SCHIZO.ACC. The first few days I had
>it, it worked fine, and would prompt me for the date and time at cold boot.
>Now, although it prompts, usually the month and year buttons are entirely
>deselected, the day prompt usually has several buttons selected (usually
>one for the Tens and two (like, both the 3 and the 2) selected for the Ones).
>The time is right, though.
>
>Where does it save the time from session to session? In Desktop.Inf? (I haven't
>looked at this yet...) Seems to be a bug somewhere...
>
>- Bruce

Bruce, and others. Schizo saves the time/date information in the
file attribute of the Schizo.acc file. If you look at the file using
the TEXT option of the VIEW menu you will see the time/date stamp
for the file. My guess is that somehow the stamp was changed for
your file and Schizo is reading something strange from it. You might
try to update the file's stamp and then hard-cold boot (turn your
machine off) and let it run again. If this does not fix it, let me
know. If there is a bug I want to fix it in the next release.
Anybody else have problems like this? (I haven't but I have a clock
chip so I never use that function of Schizo).
  Also, for the next release, are people happy with the screen
color combinations? Currently they are:

	Text	Back	Fore
	----	----	----
	Black	White	Blue
	White	Black	Green
	Amber	Black	Red

This can be changed if people want others. I figured that the first
is a kind of standard, and the others save the screen. The mono
capability in the new version *should* work, but I don't have a mono
monitor, so I can't test it.
  The new version will be posted here some time this weekend (I
hope). After that I will be in the midst of finals, and after that I
will lose my account. So, I hope I will get an account in Minnesota
(where I will be next year). Any new updates to the net will be
dependant on that. In any case I will be gone from the net from June
14 till early October at least (unless somebody in San Diego wants
to let me use an account over the summer :-)). If you have questions
or problems, look for me on GEnie or write me before June 14.
  Happy hacking!

holloway@drivax.UUCP (06/03/87)

In article <887@sdcc13.ucsd.EDU> hi2cah@sdcc13.ucsd.edu.UUCP (John "Tushie" Ogawa) writes:

>Bruce, and others. Schizo saves the time/date information in the
>file attribute of the Schizo.acc file.

Yep - noticed that it was updating the timestamp, and figured that's how it
was working. It's working again, BTW, for no apparent reason. ST-VCO also
prompts for the time/date if it is not yet set (checks for year < 1987), and
it rarely (now) picks up errors. Sometimes, though, GULAM comes up with a
bogus date - and using its internal DATE command to set it doesn't appear to
set the clock that the GEMDOS function uses. Maybe I'm wrong on this, or
maybe something is wrong with my system.

>  Also, for the next release, are people happy with the screen
>color combinations? Currently they are:

>	Text	Back	Fore
>	----	----	----
>	Black	White	Blue
>	White	Black	Green
>	Amber	Black	Red

I normally use Text: Black, Back: White, Foreground: Light Blue. The default
is a little dark for my tastes.
--

bammi@cwruecmp.UUCP (06/08/87)

In article <1747@drivax.UUCP> holloway@drivax.UUCP (Bruce Holloway) writes:
>it rarely (now) picks up errors. Sometimes, though, GULAM comes up with a
>bogus date - and using its internal DATE command to set it doesn't appear to
>set the clock that the GEMDOS function uses. Maybe I'm wrong on this, or
>maybe something is wrong with my system.

	I just double checked with the source, GULAM sets both the
IKBD and GEMDOS clocks for the date command. The format for specifying
the date should be exactly the string

		mm-dd-yy-hh:mm[:ss]

where by [:ss] i mean that specifying seconds is optional. Notice the '-'
between the date and time. hh sould be in the 24 hour format. The code does
not check for a valid string --> GIGO.
--
usenet: {decvax,cbatt,cbosgd,sun}!cwruecmp!bammi	jwahar r. bammi
csnet:       bammi@cwru.edu   <---------Please note change of address