[comp.sys.atari.st] Micro-RTX: Help needed!

HAHN_K@DMRHRZ11.BITNET (06/13/87)

I've got a question (to be read: a FEW questions) concerning Beckemeyer's
micro-RTX. The problem with my (old) version is that it doesn't support
Lattice-C. That means, it comes with a RTXBIND.S file, that would serve as
the binding file for a linker, but as it is for the DRI assembler, I tried
to convert it to my Metacomco, which wasn't so complicated after all...
Nevertheless, I got bad results; the assembled *.bin file and the RTXBIND.H
joined with the supplied QDEMO.C wouldn't work. The linker doesn't find the
'extern char *_base', that's needed. What now is the way to get the whole
(damned) thing to work under Metacomco/Lattice?
EVERY comment/help appreciated.

-- Klaus Hahn.

Department of Psychology
Gutenbergstr. 18
University of MARBURG
D-3550 Marburg, West-Germany           <HAHN_K@DMRHRZ11.bitnet>

Disclaimer: the opinions stated above are not even my own.

grieggs@jplpro.UUCP (06/16/87)

In article <8706131307.AA08935@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> HAHN_K@DMRHRZ11.BITNET writes:
>... What now is the way to get the whole
>(damned) thing to work under Metacomco/Lattice?

I have found in the past that the best way to get help on this sort of
thing is to call David Beckemeyer. Last time I talked to him (almost a
year ago now! Jeez!) he had bindings for Megamax and a couple of other
things. By now, he surely has them for MWC. By the way, have you managed
to find something productive to do with the RTX? I ended up just buying
the MT C-Shell when it came out...

_john
--
John T. Grieggs (Telos @Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
4800 Oak Grove Drive, Pasadena, Ca. 91109 M/S 301-260A    (818) 354-0465